Senior Civil Engineer, Bulk Water page is loaded Senior Civil Engineer, Bulk Water Apply remote type Hybrid locations Newcastle time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R25263 Senior Civil Engineer - Bulk WaterWant to bring ideas to life?
As an engineer you're no doubt aware of Aurecon - we've been a leading design, engineering and advisory company for decades. But why should you choose to join us?
Every project Aurecon delivers leaves a legacy. Every project has sustainability embedded in decision making. And every project is at the leading-edge of technical eminence.
But it really comes down to one, crucial question: what kind of world do you want to create for the next generation? Truth is, the decisions being made right now will determine the future of everything - from the local community to the entire planet. One of those decisions is: who do you decide to work for?How will your ideas contribute to shaping what's next?
As a Senior Civil Engineer, you will be joining our NSW ACT Water Team as a key member of a highly skilled team in Newcastle. We know the work we do is vital in assisting our world's economic development and, it's the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart.Your role will include:
How will your future be shaped by us?
- Lead the design of water and wastewater network, systems, and pump stations, including hydraulic design, route selection and design documents
- Coordinate with clients, stakeholders, and project teams to develop project scopes, budgets, and schedules
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Review and approve engineering designs, specifications, and reports
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, codes, and standards
- Participate in project management activities, including progress tracking, financial management, and risk management
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing and client presentations
- Participate in industry organizations and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations in water and wastewater engineering and pump station design
Joining Aurecon means you'll be at the award-winning edge of innovation and sustainability. AFR ranked us Top 5 among sustainability leaders and Top 3 of all innovative companies in professional services. One Consult awarded us an innovative design award. Plus, we were Consult Australia's large firm of the year.
You really can bring your whole self to work and be confident your voice will be heard. We don't just claim we're inclusive and innovative, as proven by the independent awards and accreditations we've gained. We've been recognised for our innovation culture, gender equality and our LGBTI+ inclusion. Plus, we have a robust Reconciliation Action Plan - our fourth edition since 2014.
On a personal level you'll have access to flexible work hours, remote work, working holidays, part-time and job share options. You'll also have - a learning programme 100% personalised to you and the option to build your technical mastery in the Aurecon Design Academy which earns you a Graduate Certificate in Design Management from the prestigious RMIT University. Plus, you'll be supported on every step of your career journey with mentoring, learning and our Careers Hub. Outside of work, you'll be further supported with competitive paid parental leave, cultural public holiday swaps, plus wellbeing support programmes.What are we looking for from you?
You'll have a genuine passion for re-imagining problems and continuous learning to help shape the future.
We value that each of our team members brings something different to Aurecon. We look for people who have had a broad range of experiences throughout their career and can demonstrate how they have worked as part of a team to bring ideas to life.
Think you know Aurecon? You may be surprised.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in water and wastewater engineering and pump station design
- Proven water and wastewater network and design, and pump station design
- Experience in leading design efforts for complex water and wastewater network and pump station projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Bentley Hammer, 12d, BIM360 and ProjectWise
- Having Sydney Water Competency or Chartered status CPENG, is an advantage
Aurecon's strength has always been our people. It's our people who build our shared purpose and bring ideas to life. It's our people who imagine and co-create with our clients a better future for people and the planet. Of course, you'll probably know lots of our award-winning projects. The new Allianz Stadium in Sydney? That was us. Tāmaki Regeneration in Auckland? That was us too. And the Tseung Kwan O Interchange in Hong Kong? You guessed it, us. So, when you join us, you'll not only be joining an international design, engineering and advisory company but also a community working together to tackle some of the world's most complex challenges.Ready to bring ideas to life?
Then please apply. Remember, it's you and how you bring ideas to life which are important. Your background, unique needs and individuality will be valued. Visit our website to learn more at www.aurecongroup.com
or if you have any questions feel free to reach out to Jeremy Olaivar on Jeremy.Olaivar@aurecongroup.com
Similar Jobs (5) Civil Engineer, Bulk Water remote type Hybrid locations Newcastle time type Full time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago Project Engineer , Water remote type Hybrid locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 15 Days Ago About Us We've re-imagined engineering.
Aurecon is an engineering and infrastructure advisory company, but not as you know it!
Think engineering. Think again.
Find out more here .