Senior Civil Engineer
Location: Derby, UK
My client is a world-leader in engineering, design consultancy and construction providing their staff with opportunities to work on the most exciting and diverse water projects Worldwide, including the UK.
Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7 and expansion of their International portfolio, the Infrastructure division is seeking to appoint a number of Senior and Principal Civil Engineers to join their Water Sector focused teams based at their Derby office.
The engineering services they offer to their clients requires them to be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment. The following are examples of the type of responsibilities and requirements they need you to have, working as part of their dynamic multidisciplinary water/wastewater design team.
* Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support.
* Lead and contribute to work winning through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition, in response to client tenders, in accordance with Akins' bid management system.
* Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead and contribute to discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients - both during project delivery and bidding stages.
* Production and review of design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing for projects in accordance with relevant design standard, codes and Akins' design management system.
* Lead and contribute to quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
* Educated to degree level with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
* Hands on experience of design/design-&-build/project and bid delivery in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector Worldwide (UK and Gulf regions particularly).
* A strong technical water sector background, incl. knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards, for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
* Good understanding of digital initiatives and its application in the water industry.
* Flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required.
Why work with us?
As civil engineers, they understand the importance of water. They deliver innovative, cost-effective and sustainable infrastructure solutions to their clients. Smart engineering starts by understanding water client needs and applying knowledge, experience and tools to identify the best value solutions before any construction begins. They specialize in all aspects of water sector assets from treatment plants, desalination, pipeline and pumping stations, collection and storage systems. They continue to provide industry-leading engineering right through the project lifecycle, including during commissioning and optimization.
They offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
* Flexible working, including, if desired, a mixture of office and remote working, nine-day fortnights or other full time or part time working arrangements.
* Private Medical Healthcare.
* Life Assurance.
* Group Income Protection.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Evie Thornton at Calibre Search for more information, or click apply.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.