Associate Structural Engineer
I am looking for an Associate Structural Engineer with demonstrable experience at senior level with strong technical delivery and people management skills.
The role will be based in a growing Cardiff office. This new appointment is part of my clients aspiration to develop and grow their structural capability in the midlands and the UK.
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful technical and commercial delivery of small, medium and large scale design projects from concept through to completion. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with our internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands - providing leadership from both a technical delivery and people management perspective.
This client provides multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated soloutions across a wide range of sectors. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Education, Commercial, Residential, Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, and Rail.
Key Experience Required:
* Chartered (CEng) Civil / Structural Engineer.
* Extensive post graduate experience in major structural engineering building projects including experience of producing low embodied carbon solutions.
* Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of: steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis including construction delivery.
* Detailed working knowledge of current design codes and standards relating to structural engineering.
* Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D and 3D design software packages and suitability of their use at project level.
* Knowledge of construction implementation and buildability.
* Proven track record in delivering technically excellent design projects on time and to budget.
You will support with the development and mentoring of the structural engineering team in Birmingham. You will be technically responsibility for structural engineering design delivery from start to finish.
Within this role you will undertake peer design reviews on projects and review calculations, drawings, specifications on projects. You will support business development and work winning / bidding activities and establish, develop and maintain relationships with key existing and prospective clients.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
They offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Evie Thornton at Calibre Search for more information, or click apply.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.