Are you currently considering the next positive step in your career as a Senior Structural Engineer? Do you have the ambition to work on exciting structural projects in the UK?
We are working with an industry-leading multi-disciplinary consultancy who have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented Senior Structural Engineer with a sound working knowledge of UK structures to strengthen the team in their busy London office on a full time permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work on both new build and refurbishment projects and will have expertise of working in masonry, Steel, RC and timber.
The Senior Structural Engineer should also have experience of running projects and managing staff, project programmes and budgets.
- Execute and coordinate projects, providing technical design 'best practice'
- Produce technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports,
- Assist with reviewing and checking designs and drawings prepared by graduate engineers,
- Assist with planning site investigation works,
- Assist with the preparation of feasibility studies and provide design advice Assist with the preparation of design reports and progress reports,
- Obtain and review quotes for investigation works,
- Manage the appointments and work of sub-contractors carrying out investigation works,
- Attend and input at design meetings and site meetings, and record actions,
- Undertake site inspections and record findings, and advise on any required actions,
- Undertake surveys and prepare reports,
- Produce designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures,
Requirements of the Senior Structural Engineer:
- A degree in Civil or structural Engineering,
- Good understanding of engineering principles,
- Able to produce hand calculations and sketches of structural elements,
- Knowledge of design software and its limitations,
- A working knowledge of SCIA and Tekla Building Designer would be ideal,
- Proven interpersonal skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Good organisational/time management skills,
- Proactive approach to work,
- Commitment to continual improvement at a personal and company level,
- Able to understand construction procedures
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer is a generous salary and flexible benefits package, with professional membership fees paid. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
For more information on this fantastic career-enhancing opportunity, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham