Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
09/25/2023, 08:50 AM
11/24/2023, 08:50 AM
Job DescriptionAbout Technip Energies
Technip Energies is a world-leading engineering and technology player. We bring our clients game-changing projects to life and are committed to enhancing their performance. Our expertise includes a full range of design and project development services, from early engagement to delivery.About Technip Energies U.K. Operating Centre
Technip Energies UK Operating Centre (T.EN UKOC) is a unique engineering contractor, combining the global strength of Technip Energies with strong local presence in the UK market. We are based in numerous locations across the UK, including London and Milton Keynes, with expertise to deliver sizeable projects in the UK and abroad. Within the UK our focus is directed towards the energy market, including energy transition projects. Our people bring a diverse mix of expertise across our spectrum of operation. We operate across the project lifecycle from technology and engineering, through construction, commissioning, operation & maintenance services. Further, T.EN UK OC is the project management consultancy centre of excellence for Technip Energies
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team at the cutting edge of energy market transformations in the UK and globally, then apply now.Job Description:
We are seeking a Home Office Construction Engineer to be based in our Milton Keynes office to perform Home Office Construction activities on one or more projects during proposal, design, and execution phases.Responsibilities include:
Typical background and experience required:
- Interface with others HO departments, construction sites and Clients to create deliverables as requested by projects.
- Provide Constructability input for feasibility studies, FEED's, detailed design and field construction.
- Organise, chair, and run constructability workshops and programs resulting in the writing of final constructability reports.
- Develop organisation charts and mobilisation schedules.
- Define and develop Temporary Site Facilities plans.
- Prepare construction sequences in your support of construction schedule development.
- Provide ad-hoc technical assistance to construction sites.
- Attend site surveys and provide construction input into the site survey reports.
- Assist in prequalification of subcontractors, including visits to current work sites and fabrication shops, regional surveys of industrial capability and infrastructure.
- Assist in estimating construction costs both direct and indirect.
- Assist and organise transportation and logistics surveys and reports.
- Assist projects with overall heavy lifting strategies.
- Assist in the overview of site preparation, pre-construction and site enabling works.
- Frequent business trips to construction sites and Client offices.
Desirable Experience / Qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in industry preferably on major projects in petrochemical, energy transition and related industries.
- HNC or Degree in a relevant engineering or construction subject.
- Good spatial awareness with a practical problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fully familiar with interpretation of drawings, specifications and engineering procedures and model reviews.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English (UK)
- Safety ethic and personal sense of responsibility for the safety of others
- Familiar with CDM regulations across design and construction phases
- Experience in using 2D CAD software - AutoCAD and/or Microstation
We invite you to get to learn more about our company by visiting www.technipenergies.com and follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
As an equal opportunity employer Technip Energies considers only qualified applicants without regard to colour, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.