Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional, looking to develop your skills and bring your compliant and efficient mindset to an innovative manufacturing business?
My client, a niche business near Truro, Cornwall, is looking to hire an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer to support their high-performing team with achieving the best quality and exceed customer expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity, providing excellent company benefits and a thriving company culture to ensure you have what you need to perform at your best.
The position is based on site, with working hours 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday.What will you be doing:
Essential skills & experience:
- Actively support the maintenance and continual improvement of business processes through monitoring procedures and reporting on KPI's.
- Track and progress actions to conclusion, raising issues ahead of schedule.
- Implement and develop controls and improvements under the direction of Quality Manager.
- Support investigations, and the implementation of business management systems to ensure products are manufactured to the highest safety, environmental and quality standard.
- Report issues, status and progress to management.
- Work proactively with suppliers, colleagues, end-users, customers, distributors, business contacts and installers.
Core company benefits:
- Previous experience of controlling and managing EHS within a manufacturing business.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable.
- Ability to deal with the pressures and demands of an operational factory.
- Understanding of ISO 9001,14001, 45001 beneficial.
- H&S qualification beneficial.
- Competitive salary to reflect your qualifications and experience.
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 30 days for 5+ years service (plus bank holidays).
- Private health insurance after 1 year of service.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free 24/7 access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistant Programme for you and your immediate family.
- Great social events.
- Growth and development opportunities.
If you feel excited by this role, and think it could be the perfect next step for you - apply now!
Smith and Reed Recruitment embraces diversity, equality and inclusion and aim to promote the benefits of diversity in all our business activities. Smith and Reed will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's "protected characteristic" under the Equality Act 2010 (the Act) which are age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed solely on their ability to carry out the job in question based on skills, experience, and qualifications.