Do you want to work for a company where you would have the opportunity to work across various disciplines of Civil Engineering and learn new skills? My client provides an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
My client are currently looking for a Civil Engineer to join their team in Manchester (Salford Quays). The successful candidate will work on exciting projects with niche clients in a range of sectors, including Life Sciences, Industrial, Custodial and Education.
With the team growing, this Engineer position will provide you the opportunity to work in various sectors as part of an enthusiastic and committed team of engineers and technicians.
Working on a variety of medium size projects, you will Design and specify all aspects of Civil works, you will be responsible for producing design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams and ensure progress against the project brief.
The network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. The team are operating a Hybrid/flexible working policy.
·Company car or cash allowance
·Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
·Life assurance scheme
·25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
·Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
·Family friendly policies
· Design and specify all aspects of Civil Engineering works in accordance with current guidelines, standards, regulations and project deliverables
· Contribute to the development and mentoring of our Early Careers population and the continuous improvement of departmental capabilities
· Champion quality and compliance controls within local teams and projects Responsibilities and Accountabilities Responsibilities
· Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications, and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief
· Check calculations and production of detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
· Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient, and buildable solutions.
· Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
· Undertake design of below ground drainage design (Surface and Foul Water) using Micro drainage.
· Undertake ground modelling and design levels using Civil 3D software.
· Design and specify external works for private and adopted schemes.
· Undertake flood risk assessments (Flood Zone 1)
· Apply for and obtain Water/Highways Authorities Agreements (i.e. S104, S106, S38/278).
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
·Grad +1 year of experience at minimum
·Progressing towards CEng MICE
·Knowledge/Experience in some (or all) of the below:
Non Negotiable: Surface water and foul drainage Designs and Strategies (with Microdrainage)
Preferred but not non negotiable:
·Working in Civils3D
·Working on Water/Highways Authority Agreements
·Ground Modelling and Pavement Setting out and Design
·Completing Flood Risk Assessment
·Coordination of Below Ground Services