We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Civil Engineer to join our Amey Consulting team in Scotland. We have design hubs in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Motherwell, Perth, and Aberdeen together with additional office space in Dumfries, Ayr, Dundee, Nairn and Huntly.
Our Amey Consulting Scotland Team are involved in designing some of the largest civil engineering and associated infrastructure projects across Scotland with cumulative values in excess of £1bn.
Amey manages both the Southwest and Northeast Trunk Road Network Management contracts, with the Southwest being awarded in 2020 and the Northeast in 2022. These are 8-year contracts, extendable up to 12 years. In addition to these long-term contracts, we also have a diverse portfolio of major roads, bridges and transportation and civil design projects with Transport Scotland, Local Authorities, and established contractors across the country.
These long-term contracts provide excellent opportunities for technical, engineering, and professional design staff at all stages of their careers to be involved in some of the most exciting and challenging engineering projects associated with Scotland's arterial road network.
As a Civil Engineer, you will play an important part in every stage of a project from inception to completion.
The standard hours of work are
40 hours per week.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across Scotland, we're open to discussing working options that suit you.
You wil be responsible for
- Implementing the project requirements to fully meet client specification with relevant standards.
- Undertaking any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
- Preparing and checking design approach, calculations drawing and documents.
- Carrying out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.
- Preparing and checking feasibility studies, inspection, assessment, and technical reports ensuring compliance with Amey procedures.
- Being confident to work under minimum supervision and check the work of others.
- Assisting with the supervision, mentoring and development of team members from Graduate Engineers and Technicians through to Assistant Engineers.
- Assisting with contract preparation together with project planning and programming.
- Compliance with relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation, particularly CDM regulations.
What makes this role unique is
that you will work in a diverse team across a diverse portfolio of projects. You'll be empowered to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You'll have the opportunity to thrive, and we'll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve you ambitions.
We want to hear from you if you have / are
- Incorporated Engineering status (IEngthrough ICE, CIHT, IHE orIStructE) or approaching CEng status.
- Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads.
- Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Bentley MX, Civils 3D,Keysoftpackages,Mircrodrainageetc;
- Working knowledge ofDMRB, TSRGD,Cyclingby Design, Roads forAll andSustransDesign documents.
- Experience in roads, traffic, and transportationfeasibility and design
What we can offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life's ups and downs. It's the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
We embrace difference
- Career Development - Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension - Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Choices - Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey - Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value - You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
and support individuals
to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed
to working sustainably
and by working in partnership with the communities
we serve, so people and the planet are protected.
At Amey, you have freedom to perform
because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are at the heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining, and transforming the nation's strategic assets.
- Our 11,000 people are behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our unique engineering and operations experience, together with data driven insight from our consulting business, delivers better results for our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government - both national and local - managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our website www.amey.co.ukAmey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview, if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional application support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.Apply today - We are excited to hear from you!
Location: ScotlandScotland, United Kingdom Scotland Scotland
Posting advertised: 27 Sep 2023 - 29 Oct 2023