We are in the top 1% of employers, with double Gold ‘Investors in People' accreditation: Join us!
Your New Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for aStructural Engineer
to join ourNorthern Ireland
account is working in partnership with Lagan Construction since 2007. We are responsible for the overall operations and maintenance including but not limited to emergency response, winter gritting and street lighting inspection and maintenance.
We maintain 125km of road network in Northern Ireland as well as building 40km of new road we ensure our roads and highways are well-maintained through all-weather seasons and the build of new roads to support and link communities.
The aim of this strategy was to make Northern Ireland a better place to ‘live, work, learn and grow'.The Structural Engineer
plays an important part in the implementation of routine and cyclic structural maintenance activities within the network.You will be responsible for
We want to hear from you if you have
- Identifying and supervising the implementation of structural maintenance works, to comply with the client's specifications and standards
- Undertaking emergency response stand-by duties, if required
- Liaising with residents, businesses and other parties affected by structural works or operations and investigate complaints
- Assisting the Area Stewards in the administration of road space by liaising with, contractors, utilities authorities, adjacent roads authorities and the police
- Supporting the structural inspections team in monitoring the condition of structures and identifying works to rectify all the defects found
- Aiding in the design and supervision of capital schemes, improvement schemes and development control schemes, when required
- Assisting with monitoring the progress of works and financial monitoring
great communication skills and are competent in dealing with clients, external suppliers and local authorities. You are an experienced manager who can take and be accountable for decisions within a contract who is able to manage, develop and motivate a team.Ideally
you will be qualified in high-speed Highway Maintenance with experience in traffic management and highway cyclic maintenance, however we will consider similar industries also.In addition
to this, it would be desirable if you are a Chartered Engineer in an appropriate Institute, or part qualified on route to Chartership, to help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
What we can offer you
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all life's ups and downs. It's the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program.
We embrace difference
- Career Development- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension- Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value- You'll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
to work in ways that work best for them.
and byworking in partnership with the communities
we serve, sopeople and the planetare protected.
At Amey,you have freedom to perform
because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.
Who is Amey?
- We are atthe heart of modern Britain, helping the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation's strategic assets.
- Our11,000 peopleare behind the critical services the country relies on every day.
- Our uniqueengineeringandoperationsexperience, together with data driven insight from ourconsultingbusiness,delivers better resultsfor our clients.
- We are trusted partners of Government- both national and local - managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
To find out more take a look at our websitewww.amey.co.uk
Application GuidanceAmey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity
. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Location: Northern Ireland, United Kingdom Northern Ireland
Posting advertised: 27 Sep 2023 - 13 Oct 2023