At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs' greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you'd expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We're happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business. About the Opportunity
Our Water Network teams are located across the UK & Ireland, working for multiple clients on all aspects of potable infrastructure from feasibility assessment and optioneering to operational support, optimisation and smart networks.
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for Principal Water Network Engineers/Modellers to join our UK team.This role will be based at our Peterborough or Newcastle offices on a hybrid working arrangement, operating as part of our national diverse and dynamic UK team. We offer the opportunity to work for our global client base and operate as a truly national collaborative team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunities to lead on a wide variety of projects such as water trading, large capital design, water quality, network operation and optimisation. You will be implementing industry leading solutions and encouraged to develop innovative solutions. You will be leading and developing the local team and assist the growth of our UK water team.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Responsible for the technical delivery of projects within programme and budget.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationship with clients.
- Developing methodologies, guidance and templates for various engineering and modelling projects.
- Initiating and developing innovative approach to create efficiency and added values.
- Working collaboratively with multiple-disciplinary teams internally and externally.
- Providing coaching, mentoring and support to our team of various grades and experience in their career goals.
- Supporting and leading the tendering process including proposal and cost estimates.
We are seeking for a candidate at principal level with strong knowledge in the operation of a water network, with excellent knowledge in water networks, modelling and engineering design.
- Proven ability of leading a team on project delivery within budget and programme.
- Proven track record in the use of hydraulic models to solve engineering problems.
- Proven track record of leading on client liaison and converting opportunities into projects.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate project findings confidently and clearly with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solves problems by developing and adopting innovative approaches.
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartership.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed.We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do.Weknow that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity - ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women's -find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visitwww.vercida.comto view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format),pleasecontact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we're keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs thenplease let us know.