Paradigm Environmental is currently seeking experienced Water Resources Engineers/Modelers to join our highly motivated and talented team of engineers and modelers in our San Diego, CA office. At Paradigm, we place a strong emphasis on developing and utilizing innovative approaches to solve environmental problems and building efficiencies into every aspect of our work. Working for Paradigm assures access to and mentoring from national leaders and experts, experience working on important and high-profile projects, and close collaboration with amazing talent. Our employees are rewarded with an exceptional and casual work environment, a friendly and bias-free workplace, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package.
- Lead projects focused on application of BMP, green infrastructure, hydrology, water quality, and hydraulic models to rivers, lakes, and coastal waterbodies in both urban and natural settings
- Perform complex GIS analysis for both stand-alone desktop mapping and in support of water resources model development
- Conduct data analysis using statistical programs that synthesize complex data sets
- Must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Graduate degree in engineering or science with an emphasis on modeling, analytical approach development, and GIS
- Experience with various BMP, hydrology, hydraulic, sediment transport, and/or water quality models—experience with public domain models a plus. Solid understanding of basic hydrology, water quality and stormwater BMP processes is required. Common examples include but are not limited to LSPC, SUSTAIN, HSPF, SWMM, CE-QUAL-W2, and SWAT
- Experience with programming in R and Python
All candidates should also possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work in a closely collaborative internal environment and an ability to professionally interact with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
- Ability to commit to consistent weekly hours and schedule
- Demonstrated initiative and drive to succeed with new and challenging tasks
Paradigm Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, sexual orientation or national origin. Paradigm is committed to respect and equality, diversity, and equal pay.