Water Utility Company based in Yorkshire region of England.
Job description:Lead Design Engineer (Process Waste Water)Salary:
£43 973 to £54 968 (depending on experience) + Bonus + 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + pension + Life assuranceLocation:
Buttershaw, Bradford (hybrid working minimum 1 day per week in the office)Purpose of the role
Yorkshire Water is looking for a Lead Process Design Engineer in wastewater treatment process engineering to join their Engineering Design team.
Working for a client organisation you will lead the feasibility studies and optioneering to come up with the most economical design solution looking at innovation in the solution and new processes from the supply chain.
The Lead Design Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of in-house designs. The role will involve preparing process designs and updating Yorkshire Waters Design Guidance documents and supporting the development of standard designs. The Lead Design Engineer will report to the Senior Design Engineer (Process) and will work closely with a team of professional civil, mechanical, and electrical design engineers.Key responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills RequiredEssential
- Carry out feasibility studies into process design options for wastewater treatment plants to meet new regulatory outputs.
- Produce process design documents up to outline design such as the P&IDs, mass balance, process sizing calculations, hydraulic profile and control philosophy.
- Provide process engineering support through to detailed design and commissioning via design meetings, value engineering meetings, Hazop studies and site visits.
- Manage and update the Yorkshire Water Design Guidance documents. Consult key stakeholders and incorporate best practice from existing sites and learning from new schemes.
- Support the development of standard designs in conjunction with the Engineering Design team and supply chain.
- Provide expert technical advice on wastewater treatment processes and technologies.
- Retrieve and analyse process data from SCADA and Yorkshire Waters telemetry system to support the design process.
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in chemical engineering, chemistry or a related discipline.
- Process knowledge of wastewater treatment processes.
- Significant process engineering design experience in the water industry.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical concepts into more readily understood information suitable for a wider business audience, able to influence people across multifunctional teams throughout the business.
- Experience of working on multiple deliverables to project deadlines.
- Experience in the application of quality procedures and document control in engineering design.
- Experience in identifying practical/innovative solutions to ensure the risks from a process plant are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) with the ability to apply cost-benefit analysis where appropriate.
- Full valid UK driving license.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply online and complete the application process. If you could also, please upload an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience for the role.
Kelda Group reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.