We are looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Test Engineer
into the Environmental Test team within the Engineering Trials Delivery Unit (ETDU), with experience in a shock and vibration testing role, working within a high hazard facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, instrumenting, controlling, implementing and reporting of environmental tests and trials, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and data provided to AWE's high-quality standards, some local training will be provided.Pay Range
: £44,990 - £68,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience) Location:
£3,500 per annumClosing Date: 05th October 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK)
has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
What will you be responsible for as a Senior Environmental Test Engineer?
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Maternity Leave- 39 Weeks Full Pay & Paternity Leave- 4 weeks Full Pay!
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
You will be responsible for the delivery of a diverse range of dynamic, interesting tasks, requiring collaborative cross-organisational/cross functional working, including facility, delivery, analysis and trials management teams. Personal management of continued professional development of environmental test competence is a necessity to assist in enabling growth in capability capacity.
Successful candidates will be expected to have a good knowledge of a range of testing techniques, of some of the following environments: thermal, humidity, pressure, drop testing and linear acceleration. Knowledge of test data collection and interpretation is required. Experience of vibration testing is essential, significant experience in this area is advantageous.We are interested in hearing from candidates with knowledge and experience of:
- Environmental Testing techniques and capabilities, primarily vibration.
- Data acquisition and recording systems.
- Working with hazardous materials (explosives, RA, CoSHH).
- Estimating, planning, problem solving and de-conflicting complex tasks.
- Representing AWE and ETDU to customers, presenting technical information to stakeholders.
- Health and Safety legislation.
- Competent with IT, including Microsoft Office and engineering tools and applications.
Ideally, candidates will have either a degree in a relevant STEM discipline, or hold a HNC/HND qualification or relevant experience.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.