Job Title: Civil EngineerSalary: £45k - £60k (DOE)Location: BristolHybrid, 3 days per week in office. Option of 2 days from homeCompany Overview:
We area leading engineering and project management company dedicated to delivering innovative solutions in the civil engineering and construction sector. We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Civil Engineer to join our team and contribute to our exciting projects.Position Overview:
As a Civil Engineer with us, you will play a critical role in our building-related civil engineering design activities. Your responsibilities will include data analysis, production of deliverables, coordination with CAD Designers, technical verifications, configuration management, and ensuring timely project delivery. You will also engage in contract management activities, including project management, contract/commercial management, risk management, and stakeholder management.Key Responsibilities: Civil Engineer
Contract Management Activities (dependant on seniority)
- Analyze and verify input data for specific civil or building projects.
- Produce design hypotheses, methodology, technical specifications, and calculation notes.
- Coordinate CAD Designers' work.
- Perform technical verifications of design notes, models, and drawings.
- Manage design changes and interface with civil designers.
- Contribute to design risk management and reviews.
- Liaise with site-based engineering teams and subject matter experts.
- Ensure contract specifications are followed.
- Manage technical surveillance of contract holder's studies.
- Establish surveillance programs and reports.
- Resolve contractor technical queries.
- Organize and lead progress meetings.
- Lead contractual discussions and clarifications.
- Review and validate payment applications.
- Prepare and deliver financial and progress reports.
- Maintain the risk register of the contract(s).
- Manage stakeholder relationships.
- Conduct audits of the contract holder (quality and financial).