Do you want to join a multi-utility infrastructure provider that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that the greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement Making lasting connections with our customers to improve their lives.
Express Utilities are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for 1 x Water Testing Engineer to test, chlorinate and take samples to facilitate the commissioning of new Water Networks across England and Wales. This full time, permanent, position is field based covering the East of England, preferably in the Essex/Colchester region.
We are looking for someone with experience of pressure testing and chlorinating of new water mains. Applicant must have a SHEA Water card or National Water Hygiene card. Pipeline Commissioning training desirable. Applicant must have a Full UK Driving License. Training on our systems will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place To Work.Responsibilities will include -
- Work safely always wearing relevant PPE that is supplied.
- Test, chlorinate and commission water infrastructure as instructed working to Water Codes of Practice, ensuring that all work is undertaken to a high standard of safety and technical quality by following all appropriate generic and specific method statements, work procedures and safety instructions.
- Have a full and comprehensive understanding of all incumbent and IWNL testing, chlorination and sampling procedures.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment remain in good condition, reporting any defects to the Project Manager.
- Identify at an early stage all contract variations and report to the Project Manager and work in accordance with the company Variation and Deviations Procedure
- Complete site-specific risk assessments daily and ensure maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Attend toolbox talks and other training courses as required.
- Record accurately details of work undertaken.
- Complete and submit relevant certification and job paperwork correctly and on time.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on 01359 308260for an informal discussion in confidence.