An our Site Civil Engineer, you will require to support the HR Civils Team Lead. As part of a team, under the Team Lead, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for modifying and adapting the design received from the Back Office, substantiating the adapted design of the HR Building reinforced concrete structures on the Hinkley Point C project. The civil Engineer will be supported by a group of detailed designers.
Through a secondment to Edvance UK, your initial role will be to contribute to the completion of the Hinkley Point C design phase.
Framatome has an international reputation for offering a large and diverse variety of career opportunities. Our focus is to attract highly talented individuals who share our values before promoting you through our internal development and career mobility opportunities.
Framatome will play a vital part in the delivery of Britain's ambition to fight climate change and reach Net Zero emissions. It will bring together a number of supply and engineering firms Framatome.
For this opportunity nuclear experience is desirable but not essential. We encourage people from other sectors and the diversity of experience this adds.
As ateam memberwithin Framatome you will be expected to achieve success through your engagement with, and demonstration of, our Framatomevalues and behaviours.
The behaviours weidentify in all our high performersinclude their abilities to:
- ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- customer orientation
- drive for results
- collaboration and teamwork
- inspirational leadership and change management
- developing self and others
- holding self and others accountable
- decision making
Framatome has a set of example "observable behaviours" underpinning each of these and we will be looking for these during the selection phases.
You are Main responsibilities
As a part of Civils team, the Site Civil Engineer will assist in:
- Modifying reinforced concrete structure designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes;
- Maintaining Edvance's QA procedures in delivering the CW design;
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models;
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures;
- Liaising with colleagues in Edvance Paris (Malakoff).
Qualifications and Experience
- Building layout teams (SDLT) (Site)
- Piping layout team (SDLT) (Site)
- Civils team (Edvance Paris)
- Client (EDF HPC Site).
Tools and Competencies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering;
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structure;
- Experience in design of concrete and metallic structure;
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site;
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces.
- Experience with on site design support;
- Experience on large projects.
Software and Tools:Languages:
- Ability to propose fit-for-purpose technical solutions in his / her area of expertise;
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines;
- Understanding and implementation of project engineering procedures;
- Very good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills;
- Good level of communication to be able to support the team and share knowledge;
- Ability to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking;
- Positive and constructive attitude;
For this role we have multiple levels of opportunities with ranges from £38,000-£44,000 and £50,000-£58,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including but not limited to:
- 25 days annual leave per year
- 8% employer pension contribution (salary sacrifice)
- Working site premium £3,760 net per annum
- Relocation support
- Individual and family private health care
- Life assurance (4x salary)
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Income Protection
- Professional Body Membership (1 per year)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Language Courses
- Plus more includingaccess to training and development opportunities.
This role is based on site in the Hinckley Point C (Bridgewater, UK) and will require you to reside within a 30-minute commute of a Hinkley Point C park and ride due to safety concerns (relocation support is available).We are an equal opportunity employer. We value and plan to continue to build on the benefits of our diverse working environment and recognise a priority to improve gender mix.Everyone will be considered without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
TAC - Civil engineering, Layout and HVACMin. level of education required
United Kingdom, Bridgwater, Hinkley Point CItem authorizing the screening of narcotics for the prevention of addictions: