Civil Engineer - Water Utilities
Salary: £30-50k (experience dependant)
Location: UK locations.
Contract Type: Full Time Permanent
Our client is currently looking for Civil Engineers to join their Water Services team. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water sector.
The candidate for this role should have an aspiration to follow a technical career and have experience in the appraisal and design of civil infrastructure schemes.
- Deliver packages of work within budget and to programme to meet the Client's requirements.
- Understand project scope and identify contractual change.
- Understand the customer's basic and performance needs.
- Undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design.
- Balance the priorities of multiple projects.
- Assess the technical risk of projects.
- Provide clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience.
- Cooperate with the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and Regional Delivery Director.
The role is suitable for a near or recently Chartered Civil Engineer (preferably through the ICE, though CIWEM would be considered) who is looking for fresh impetus and experience to achieve their professional qualification or wanting a fresh challenge following their recent qualification. You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills, and knowledge:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Water & Environmental Management.
- Good grades at A-Levels in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects and/or Geography.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of internal professionals, and third-party asset owners, stakeholders, technical officers, and contractors.
- Motivated to work water projects, experience is preferable.
- Experience of working on projects at appraisal, outline design, detailed design and constructions stages is preferable.
- Understand the importance of budget and programme control.
- Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to design, plan and organise tasks.
- Collaborative individual that helps to build strong effective teams.
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business.
- Ability to effectively present technical solutions to a wide range of audiences in a variety of means.
- Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team with a desire to find a solution.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A high level of computer literacy - knowledge and ability to use AutoCAD and GIS would be advantageous.
- Be driven to develop and improve your technical skills and advance your career.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible working, including, if desired, a mixture of office and remote working, nine-day fortnights or other full time or part time working arrangements.
- Group Income Protection.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Income Protection.
- High Street Vouchers.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual Leave Purchase.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Discounted Gym Membership.
- Mental Health Support.
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.