We are currently recruiting Civil & Structural Engineers
to be based anywhere in the UK
to support a growing workload across our Water Industry clients and have opportunities for chartered engineers and those approaching chartership to support programmes of work relating to:
- Assessment of civil, structural, pipeline and MECIA assets
- Developing investment plans and strategies
- Solution development and optioneering
- Outline and detailed design
This is an exciting growth area for RPS, with award of the Scottish Water Asset Inspection framework being a recent example of current opportunities across the UK.
Roles could include undertaking routine and detailed civil/structural analysis checks on a variety of asset types, supporting our clients in devising asset management strategies to support their investment plans and/or developing solutions and designs to maintain or replace assets. All roles will require close internal and external working relationships with project stakeholders, and the supervision and development of junior staff.
We are also developing innovative ways to capture, analyse and report on asset condition and performance, utilising techniques such as Remote Operated Vehicles and LiDAR. The trialling, assessment and implementation of these approaches could also form part of these roles.
There may also be opportunities for the right candidate to work in projects across our wider multi-disciplinary design services including renewables, transport and buildings. Why RPS?
We're a connected community, working together to achieve exceptional outcomes. We understand the need to work flexibly, empowering our people to create a work life balance that's right for them. We also understand the importance of collaboration and social connection in the office environment. With agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we trust our people to find the right balance to meet client needs - this is a workplace that works for you. RPS, A Tetra Tech company:
Representing an exciting new chapter in our business, on 24 January 2023 RPS became a Tetra Tech company. With 27,000 employees in more than 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents, Tetra Tech is a leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. As a Tetra Tech company, RPS is proud to offer our people market-leading development and project opportunities, helping to solve some of the world's most complex problems. Qualifications:
About the Roles:
- BEng, MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering, or similar qualification
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), or nearing Chartered Engineer, status with ICE, IStructE or similar
- Skills Knowledge And Experience:
- Sufficient and appropriate relevant postgraduate experience working within a consulting engineering practice or other equivalent organisational structure
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering design procedures and construction processes related to concrete, steel and masonry.
- Experience of inspections of civil / structural assets
- Working knowledge of BS/EN standards
- Experience of utilising a relevant data acquisition / analysis software package
This is a varied role across our Asset Management business and can be tailored to suit the skills and experience of the individual applying. Responsibilities could include:
- Leading a small team undertaking programmes of structural inspection and condition reporting of assets
- Liaising with our internal innovation team to identify opportunities to trial and test innovative techniques and technologies, and subsequently implement them into delivery projects
- Being responsible for, or providing specific technical support into, the production of work packages at optioneering, outline and detailed design phases of projects
- Acting as Technical Lead to providing guidance, support and assurance across a range of teams and projects
- Liaison with our clients to develop technical approaches and associated documentation for internal and external use.
- Assist the co-ordination of environmental, geotechnical, civil or other specialist disciplines to assist in the provision of RPS' wider multi-disciplinary design service
- Knowledge sharing and technical development of junior colleagues.
- Supporting the efficient and timely delivery of projects
- Maintaining up-to-date technical and industry knowledge
What's in it for you?
- You will need good inter-personal skills to develop relationships with clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met;
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English
- Ability to identify and highlight inconsistencies in project information and ensure the project team are aware to enable a resolution where to required
- Take responsibility for personal development by drawing on the experience and feedback of colleagues
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely deliver
- A full UK driving license is required for this role.
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you'll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career.
We're an accredited training provider - from entry level to master's degree level professional qualifications in leadership & management and executive coaching & mentoring, we support learning and development for everyone.
A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing.
We understand the need to work flexibly, with agile offices and hybrid working offered as standard, we're happy to talk about flexible working. This is a workplace that works for you.
A career here is far from ordinary. Here you're not a number, you're part of the solution
#LI-KB1 #LI-HYBRID #LI-REMOTE