Job title: Senior Civil Engineer
Location: Peterborough, UK
Type: This is a permanent, full-time vacancy (with flexible workplace arrangements to suit individuals' circumstances).
Are you an experienced Senior Engineer and Project Lead looking for your next opportunity?
Can you help deliver resilience to flood risk and help mentor junior staff?
Are you looking to develop your career whilst making a difference to local communities and the environment?
Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in one of our UK offices.
The role will involve providing project leadership, governance and technical accountability on various appraisal and detailed design projects. With a background in civil engineering, you will primarily be working on various design and construction projects within wide-ranging sectors, including flood risk management, infrastructure, and environment asset management.
These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving public and private sector clients, including regulators, local authorities, water utilities and strategic construction companies. The work will include options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design through construction. The candidate is expected to mentor and manage staff and input to bid and tender preparation. In addition, the successful candidate will support the Senior Management Team with strategic business development.
You will work closely with technical staff on schemes for clients such as the Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authorities.
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing projects, contracts, budgetary control, specification preparation and liaising with clients.
- Development and coordination of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Taking a technical leadership role and driving the design process to ensure project deliverables meet clients' needs.
- Championing technical innovation to improve efficiency and quality of delivery, ensuring effective engagement and uptake of the latest methodologies and tools.
- Providing insight and technical input to business development activities across JBA.
- Experience in leading and winning tender opportunities.
- Building relationships with clients.
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designer's responsibilities under CDM.
- A hard-working, committed, and enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Passion for progressing sustainable solutions and helping our clients seek resilient infrastructure fit for the modern world.
- A degree (or equivalent) in civil and/or structural engineering is essential. The successful applicant will be a Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE or IStructE.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.