Job title: Principal Civil Engineer
Location: Peterborough, UK
Type: This is a permanent, full-time vacancy (with flexible workplace arrangements to suit individuals' circumstances).
Do you have a passion for engineering and experience of consultancy?
Are you looking to develop your career at an employee-owned company at the heart of climate resilience?
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and technically well-rounded Principal Engineer with experience working collaboratively with clients and contractors, including design & build arrangements, to deliver project success.
The role will involve providing technical leadership, governance, and accountability as we support our clients to build climate-resilient communities within the flood risk management sector. Our client has a team of in-house technical specialists (including Environment, MEICA, Structures & Geotechnics) with whom the candidate will engage and collaborate to deliver project success. The ideal applicant will also be responsible for mentoring and supervising junior staff.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working in the flood and coastal risk management sector.
- Leadership and collaboration skills in identifying and delivering solutions to the client's satisfaction.
- Technical governance of engineering deliverables.
- Experience in contract administration and client liaison.
- Working in an Office 365 environment, including the use of SharePoint.
Key competencies required for the role:
- Self-starter, good communicator and capable of working to a high standard without supervision.
- Good working knowledge of relevant design codes and software packages to support our project managers and enable adequate technical assurance of project deliverables.
- This will be demonstrated through relevant technical experience in the following areas: surface water drainage (hydraulics & structural capacity) and reinforced concrete (structural slabs, earth retaining walls & flood retaining walls).
Applicants must have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in civil and / or structural engineering.
- Proven experience in delivering project success within either consultancy and / or contracting environments.
- Membership of a recognised professional institution such as the ICE or IStructE.
- Good awareness of CDM Regulations
- A valid UK driving license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.