Are you an experienced Civil Engineer looking for your next big challenge? Our client, a leading consultancy in the civil and structural engineering industry, is currently seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer
to join their growing Birmingham team.
The team is renowned for providing comprehensive civil engineering design, procurement, coordination, and project management services to support clients throughout the entire life cycle of their assets. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of complex and high-value projects, making a real impact in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in civil engineering design and a willingness to take on new challenges. You should be a self-starter with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
Responsibilities of the Senior Civil Design Engineer role include working independently, delegating tasks, and developing the skills of junior team members. You will also be responsible for liaising with internal and external bodies, such as planning authorities, statutory undertakers, and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- In-depth experience in civil engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of levels, drainage, external works, and highways.
- You should also be fully conversant with industry-standard design software packages, such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MicroDrainage.
- Experience delivering S38/S278 and S104s.
- The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel
- Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency
- Experience liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients
- Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff
You will receive a competitive salary, up to £48k per annum, in addition to an attractive benefits package, which includes private healthcare and excellent potential for future career development. There are also a number of optional benefits such as a company car scheme.
If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding next step for your career as a Senior Civil Design Engineer, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Apply today with your CV, or forward this to someone you know will be interested.