Water Leakage Engineer
- Do you have experience in leakage detection technique s, monitoring and reporting of leakage levels in the clean water industry ?
The RPS Asset Survey and Inspection team has multiple opportunities available for experienced leakage engineers across all regions in Wales.
We are experiencing a period of consistent growth and this is an exciting time to join an expanding team.
We will provide you with a structured career development pathway allowing you to take your career to the next level. Here is where you come to build a career. What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for?
- Delivery of leakage reduction by resolving complex operational issues that will include detecting both proactive and reactive leaks on our clients' network .
- Assess, diagnose, and determine the most appropriate solution to reduce leakage and fully support the delivery of regulatory targets
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is maintained
- Achieving KPI targets and delivering leakage detection/reduction within DMA's
- Attending excavations to assist leak location
- Training and mentoring A ssistant L eakage Technicians
- Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, e.g., electronic timesheets submissions, weekly vehicle checks and defect reporting
RPS, A Tetra Tech company
- Previous experience as a leakage engineer with a good u nderstanding of water network schematics and leak noise correlators and plans
- A ll-round knowledge of water network hydraulics, leakage detection techniques, monitoring and reporting of leakage levels
- Experience of utility tracing, noise logging and step-testing planning/operation and experience of leakage monitoring - pressure/flow and flow data capture techniques and methods
- Able to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
- Solution oriented Team player who can work efficiently within defined procedures
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focussed and able to build and maintain great working relationships with colleagues, contractors and the client
- Full UK driving licence
- representing an exciting new chapter in our business, RPS became a Tetra Tech company in January 2023. With 27,000 employees in more than 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents, Tetra Tech is a leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. As a Tetra Tech company, RPS is proud to offer our people market-leading development and project opportunities, helping to solve some of the world's most complex problems. What's in it for you?
Here you'll find true support and encouragement. We're an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing. What happens next?
If we feel you are a good match, we will be in touch to arrange a competency interview. All applications will be considered . Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online. #LI-AA1 Health and Safety
This role will involve:
- Moving heavy items including manhole covers
- Working in all weather conditions (this could include night work also)
Please note mandatory drugs and alcohol tests are undertaken for this role