Work for a company at the cutting edge of Civil and Structural design!
We're looking for a Senior Civil Engineer in Gloucester for a forward-thinking, Civil/Structural specialist consultancy. They are a medium sized firm with approx. 70 staff in three lively offices in prime locations. Surrounded by supportive, friendly professional engineers, you will be in the right environment to produce outstanding designs and you will be rewarded for your hard work.Responsibilities:
Key Skills & Experience
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc)
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing.
- Relevant degree plus several years' experience
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage.
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of highways and earthworks
- Experience of working with highway authorities, drainage authorities and EA.
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Competitive starting salary with annual salary review
- 25 days' holiday
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used
- Support with ICE / IStructE Professional Development to Chartership level
- Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service
- Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters
Don't miss out! Apply with your CV if this interests you, or call George Banks on 07787 736270 for more information.