A leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, BrandSafway delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 32,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017. We are a corporation of 35,000 employees with operations in more than 35 countries.
At BrandSafway, we know our employees are our greatest asset, which is why we give them the tools, training and resources to be successful. Come join our growing Engineering team. We are looking for an Engineer I to be part of global engineering supporting commercial, industrial and energy businesses. The position is located in Temnpe, AZ and will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Able to perform detailed engineering calculations, drawings, and design for access systems (scaffold, hoist elevators, mast climbers, suspended systems)
- Design Elevated access platforms and personnel/material hoists for construction, energy and industrial sectors
- Prepare drawing submittals using AutoCAD or Revit for projects following applicable design codes, OSHA regulations, local codes and company guidelines
- Provide technical assistance to branches, including visiting branches and project sites
- Responsibilities will include structural analysis and design, preparation of detailed accurate design calculations and site inspections
- Work with other application engineers to provide technical support for regional branch customers, including scaffold erection drawings, bill of materials and site visits
- Follow BrandSafway design guidelines and standards
- Collaborate with BrandSafway Product Development engineers to provide custom product solutions and design feedback
- Gain expertise in the company’s extensive product offerings to provide right/unique access solutions.
- Leverage engineering CAD and PDM management tools effectively
- Knowledge of regional fleet and look for ways to leverage them effectively in designs
- Ability to make quick decisions in a high demand environment
- Must be safety minded and comply with all safety protocols with within the work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equal
- 2+ years of experience
- Must be proficient in use of computers including 3D AutoCAD with Revit preferred
- Knowledge of engineering software such as STAAD, RISA, TEDDS, ENERCALC and others a plus
- Candidate has successfully completed FE exam (EIT status) preferred and on track to take the PE exam within 2 years or less
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary along with a customer service focus
- Motivated to learn new and challenging tasks and work in the construction industry
- Creative problem solving, in a collaborative team environment
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.
Notice to all potential job candidates:
Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.