Capable of providing construction inspection throughout the Chicagoland area. Able to work and coordinate together with clients and contractors by understanding contract documents, enforcing traffic control measures and documenting work performed by various contractors.
WHO WE ARE
We’re a people-first organization. We value knowledge and learning. We believe in the power of connection and collaboration and we seek to build relationships that mean something. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and we work hard to maintain a culture that our people can be proud of.
WORKING FOR PRIMERA
Our Transportation division is a talented team of experts working together to deliver engineering solutions that move people in a smarter way. We provide full-service planning, design and construction management services on everything from roadways and bridges to airports, stormwater infrastructure, and parks/recreation projects primarily for state and local agencies and municipalities.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have the ability to demonstrate complete competence as an inspector and have experience organizing and maintaining daily reports and photo documentation.
- You meet our education requirements. While a high school diploma is required, at least two years of college is preferred. IDOT Documentation of Contract Quantities certification is also preferred, but not required.
- Your skill set ranges from entry level willing to grow and learn to several years of construction experience.
- You’re a people person with the ability to interface and collaborate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues. Your organization, leadership, and communication skills will contribute to your success.
- You’re proficient with business applications. Microsoft Office 365 understanding is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be integral to our construction projects throughout the City of Chicago with the Chicago Department of Water Management and/or Chicago Department of Transportation. Projects may include installation of utilities such as water and sewer main pavement and restoration, ADA ramp compliance, streetscape and resurfacing projects.
- You’ll prepare daily summary reports of construction inspection activities and examine workmanship of finished installations for conformity to contract documents.
- You’ll connect with people. It’s critical to the work we do. You’ll interface with clients, consultants, subconsultants, and vendors. You’ll build strong relationships and maintain a focus on superior client service.
- You’ll enjoy what you do. You’ll work with great people, continue to learn and grow, and have a good time doing it.
SOME OF WHAT YOU'LL ENJOY
- An excellent benefits package including 401K match and employee stock ownership, gym and transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement and much more
- Flexible work scheduling in a fast-growing company
- A fun, inclusive, and collaborative environment
- Colleagues that appreciate differences in people, perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- The fruits of our employee-led committees focused on offering engaging social, wellness and community service activities all year long
Equal Employment Opportunity
Primera is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Primera’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, disability, physical handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group as defined by law.