Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy working across a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Health, Education and Defence. They are now looking for a highly experienced Geotechnical Engineer.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 7 years post graduate experience within the ground engineering sector.
• The ability to manage and check work being undertaken by less experienced staff.
• A proficiency in the preparation of Preliminary Sources Studies (desk studies).
• A thorough understanding of geological, geomorphological, and geo-environmental processes.
• Ability to scope well considered intrusive investigations.
• Well-developed ground modelling skills.
• The ability to present work pictorially, both in plan and section using GIS and CAD.
• An ability to liaise effectively with specialist contractors, clients, regulators, and other stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of soil and rock mechanics, and groundwater control.
• Good knowledge of earthworks and ground improvement techniques.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• At least 4 years' experience in the preparation of interpretive ground engineering reports.
• Experience in the design of foundations (ULS and SLS).
• Experience in the use of specialist analytical geotechnical software (slope stability, settlement, soil strengthening, anchoring etc
• Competitive salary.
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Flexible working hours.
• Holiday Purchase Scheme.
• Access to Company Pension with a generous employer contribution.
• Support towards training available via our Learning Pathways Programme.
#Geotechnical #Engineering #Southwest #CAD #GIS #Modellingskills #Soil #Rock
For more information or to apply, please send your CV ASAP