We have an excellent permanent opportunity for a Structural Engineer!
Do you want to join an award-winning employee-owned company? Are you looking to work in a growing Fabrication department?
* Responsible for designing steel structures, formulating steel-to-steel connections, and developing interfaces with other materials such as concrete.
* This position requires a deep understanding of SCI Green Book design methodology and proficiency in software such as IDEA StatiCa, Tekla Structures, and Robot Structural Analysis.
* A crucial aspect of this role is to work closely with project managers to ensure designs are buildable and optimised for production.
* Designing steel structures, steel-to-steel connections, and interfaces with other structures, including concrete.
* Developing comprehensive designs for secondary steelwork and contractor design portion steelwork.
* Reviewing client drawings, calculations, and specifications to identify design requirements.
* Using IDEA StatiCa, Tekla Structural Designer, and Robot Structural Analysis to support design and analysis processes.
* Applying SCI Green Book design methodology in the design process.
* Ensuring designs meet industry standards, codes, and regulations.
* Collaborating with project managers to ensure designs are buildable and production-optimised.
* Responding to design-related queries from clients, architects, and contractors promptly and effectively.
* Candidates that have Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
* Chartered Engineer status, or actively working towards it.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and ability in AutoCad and other drafting software.
What We Offer
* Competitive salary and benefits
* Opportunities for progression and a long-term career
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Modern Offices
* 25 days Holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
* Access to a Virtual GP
* Employee-Owned Business
Skills required for the role:
* Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis
* IDEA StatiCa
* Quality Assurance
* Steel Structures
* Structural Analysis
* Tekla Structures