Do you want to work for an engineering firm with a passion and expertise in the design and delivery of high-quality award-winning buildings, structures, and public space?
My client is currently looking for a Civil Design Engineer to join their team in their Glasgow office. The role will involve working across a mix of sectors including residential, education, commercial, development and regeneration. The team are looking for a progressive and talented engineer who is keen to influence the people around them with the same understanding and empathy that they bring to their engineering.
Key Elements of the Job:
- Assessing problems using qualitative and quantitative measures
- Contributing to high quality written reports such as feasibility reports and FRAs on a range of projects
- Preparation, presentation and self-checking of technical data and drawings
- Use of industry standard analysis software, knowledge of Civil3D and Info drainage is sought after.
- Preparation for and participation in Internal Reviews
- Review graduate and technician design and drawings
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the practice QMS, including self-checking
- Provide scope for subconsultants and subcontractors Managerial
- Understanding the project in order to deliver outputs required, deadlines, liaising with the project team, feeding any matters arising back to senior team
- Briefing Technicians and Graduates in the production of drawings and models while managing the output of information to deadline pressure
- Telephone and email contact with clients and collaborators
- Attending site and project team meetings under the direction of a Senior/Principal Engineer.
- Buddying junior members of the team
- Contributing to writing bids and fee proposals
- Managing stakeholder engagement such as highway authorities and statutory undertakers.
Your experience and ambitions:
On your chartership journey (with the ICE or CIWEM), you'll be a creative thinker, passionate and enthusiastic to help grow and develop your team. Your collaborative and helpful outlook will thrive within this innovative practice making a positive impact to the built environment.
Alongside an outstanding work environment, we offer:
·A market competitive salary (regularly reviewed, revised and updated)
·Flexible, Hybrid Working (Our Better Normal model of work can be as unique as you are!)
·Exciting company-wide social events.
·Paid volunteering leave as part of the employee benefits package (UK and abroad). Some of the engineers also volunteer within schools and universities to help students and children broaden their knowledge of Civil Engineering.
·Several optional sporting challenges per year to raise money for charity, along with various other charity events and fund raisers