We are currently working with a well renowned civil engineering contractor with a specific focus on wastewater infrastructure. They operate across South Wales / South West England and have several long-term frameworks in place with clients including Dwr Cymru, Wessex Water & South West Water.
Due to continued geographical expansion, they have opened a new regional office in South Wales and require a Senior Planner to join their team.
This role reports directly to the Framework Director and is responsible for providing planning & programme management to support for both pre-contract and site-based operations.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of programming sizable civil engineering schemes using Primavera 6 software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce contract programmes in accordance with NEC3/4 contracts using Primavera 6.
* Create draft programmes from tender documentation and scope of works.
* Produce contract programmes from design specifications and construction drawings.
* Ability to produce tender, design, and construction programmes in accordance with Contract specifications.
* Monitor project progress and update programmes accordingly. As a minimum, monthly contractual update programmes to issue to the client.
* Manage programmes in accordance with Early Warning and Compensation Events - good change management.
* To be successful in this role you will have previous planner experience within a similar position, ideally within the water sector.
* Proficient in the use of Primavera 6 to produce contract programmes in accordance with NEC3/4 contracts.
* Good knowledge, appreciation, and experience of the planning process within the civil engineering sector
* Ability to read and interpolate tender documentation, construction drawings and contract specifications and transpose requirements to project programmes.
* Adapt at producing and updating programmes through close liaison with the operational delivery teams