We are currently working with a well renowned civil engineering contractor with a specific focus on wastewater infrastructure. They operate across South Wales / South West England and have several long-term frameworks in place with clients including Dwr Cymru, Wessex Water & South West Water.
Due to continued geographical expansion, they have opened a new regional office in South Wales and require a Senior Estimator to join their team.
This role reports directly to the Framework Director and is responsible for managing and preparing tenders from first principles, coordinating with the wider preconstruction team including procurement, engineering and commercial departments.
This position requires a standalone Senior Estimator, with a solid track record of estimating within the civil engineering sector.
Please see detailed below an overview of the role and responsibilities:
Role & Responsibilities
* Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends.
* Identify and report on risk, opportunity, and scope.
* Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor.
* Review and assess tender documentation ensuring all documents are received and are correct.
* Review tender documents assessing scope, risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to the bid team.
* Source subcontractors and suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with the commercial and bid teams.
* Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program, and other items required by the tender.
* Review contract details relevant to the company's ability to deliver under the contract.
* Provide feedback to senior managers regarding commercial contract exposure on the proposed project.
* Continually seek and identify new and/or alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability, and growth of the business.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity and wish to discuss the role further, don't hesitate to get in touch