A Civil contractor are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on civil engineering projects across East Anglia and SE based from an office in Peterborough
They are seeking degree qualified candidates with at least two years within the Civil Engineering industry and worked with NEC contracts.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
* Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Manager.
* Cost management for project/section of works.
* Understand allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.).
* Understand forecast cost to completion.
* Value management for project/section of works.
* Prepare interim and final accounts.
* Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended.
* Understanding of forecast final value at completion.
* Recording of change and allocation of responsibility.
* Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties.
* Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works.
* Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return.
* Identification and implementation of mitigation measures.
* Procurement for project/section of works.
* Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed.
* Maintain procurement schedules.
* Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts.
* Financial reporting for project/section of works.
* Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations.
* Prepare cash forecast.
* Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Optimisation of commercial return on a section or whole project.
* Control of cost, value, cash management, change and risk on a section or whole project.
* Timely detailed reporting to Managing Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
* Commercial development of all staff within job holder's area of responsibility.
* Timely procurement of subcontractors in accordance with company procedures.
* Contribution towards continued improvement within the business