Contract Type: Permanent
Salary / Benefits: Salary Range - £40-£55k (dependent on experience)
The Marine Structural Engineer will carry out design work allocated by the Chief Engineer. The work is expected to include:
* Providing in-house expertise to the projects and development teams, particularly in structural simulation (FEA) and structural design.
* Support and provide technical liaison with subcontractors in structural design and simulation.
* Structural analysis of platforms and sub-systems using industry standard finite element analysis software.
* Technical input to the design for manufacture process (particularly welding methods and specifications).
* Technical review of subcontractor's documents where structural design is considered.
* Instructing design team on structural design details and fabrication drawing structural information.
* Review and approval of structural CAD models and drawings.
* Technical input to inspection and maintenance requirements.
* Technical input to corrosion protection philosophy and specification.
* Technical guidance based on knowledge/research of the relevant structural design codes, standards and legislation.
* Preparation of technical and quality documentation including specifications, design reports and design process descriptions.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine, Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering or related discipline.
* Good experience of working to structural codes and standards.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar technical role.
* Capability in use of commercial finite element analysis codes.
* A strong knowledge of offshore structural concepting and design.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales.
* A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
* Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
* Eligibility and availability to live and work in the UK.
* Valid Driving Licence for UK.
Petrie Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers