Senior Structural Engineer
My client are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Aviation, Defence, Energy, Cities and Development, Education, Rail and Water.
Their Building Design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including; Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
My client is looking to appoint Chartered Senior Structural Engineer into their Bristol Structures team to help deliver work on major defence and nuclear projects in the South West.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects in the UK. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
This role will require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
* Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE).
* Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
* Have experience in several, and ideally all of the following areas:
* UK MoD Defence Projects (JSP's, CTM etc).
* Submarine Facilities Design.
* Nuclear Projects (Satisfying Safety Cases).
* Seismic Design and Detailing (Steel and Concrete to US Codes).
* Maritime Design (BS 6349).
* Heavy Civils Design.
* Building Design.
* Acting as a Discipline Lead.
* Design and/or Project Management.
* Deliver and lead multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to programme.
* Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
* Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
* Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
* Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities.
They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
They offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Evie Thornton at Calibre Search for more information, or click apply.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business