Health & Safety Manager - Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor
SSA are currently recruiting for a leading Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor who are looking to add a HSEQ Manager to their team to help support the delivery of a variety of utilities projects within the Water industry including pipe replacements, repairs, tunnelling, shafts, and sewer cleaning amongst other schemes.
The role will see the successful HSEQ Manager,overseeing a team of advisors, whilst overseeing the safety of operatives, gangs, supervisors, project managers and so forth.
• Develop detailed action plan, with timescales, to implement the Strategy across the programme area
• Be accountable to ensure all required H&S data is collected, collated, reported, analysed and acted upon in a timely manner.
• Manage & review programme area performance, H&S data and other 'leading indicators', KPIs and metrics
• Develop reactive and proactive action plans in response to above and prepare reports as required
• Work with the programme area project delivery team in ensuring safety at work and on site at all times.
• Provide a regular tactical review of all H&S Action Plans, data to ensure continual improvements and change accordingly
• Communicate & investigate all incidents, reports, learning & resultant actions in a timely manner to all stakeholders.
• Support safety initiatives & events, providing material & briefings when required
• Coordinate, plan, track and implement Tool Box Talks, site briefings, awareness campaigns and other communication initiates across Programme areas
• Drive Continuous improvement in H&S standards and performance and in all matters relating to care of individuals and safe operating procedure.
* Experience within civils, utilities, streetworks etc
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or similar)
* Degree/HNC/HND in related area (desirable)