Civil Engineer - Highways & Drainage
Salary: 30,000- 60,000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Daventry Northamptonshire
Job type: Permanent
About the company:
My client is coming from humble origins as Civil and Structural Engineers, they have evolved into an award-winning multi-disciplinary construction design consultancy, offering a broad range of interlinked services enabling us to assist their clients to achieve their goals. If you are looking for a dynamic, modern, multi-discipline construction consultancy to meet the needs of your project, large or small, you need look no further.
Their key services
Constraints Plans / Feasibility Studies to assist in land valuation and site planning.
Engineering advice to support site layout development.
Highway Infrastructure Designs including securing approvals under Section 38 & Section 278
3D Ground Modelling and Earthworks Designs to minimise excavation and import of materials.
Detailed Cut and Fill Analysis for earthworks, drainage, foundations, and highways
Private and Adoptable Drainage Designs including securing approval with Water Companies and Lead Local Flood Authorities including securing S104, S185, S98 technical approvals.
Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
Completion of Approval in Principle (AIP) for highway work
Hydraulic River Modelling
Structural Pavement Designs
Main role and duties
• Under supervision and support from experienced engineers and technicians, the role utilises and applies BIM (Building Information Modelling) techniques throughout all stages of the project. This predominantly includes production of CAD and Revit drawings.
• Revise and update models/drawings as required.
• Work within an established design team on a range of commercial, educational, and residential projects, providing technician support in all aspects. Assist in team design reviews in order to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations to resolve problems.
• Work with other teams to obtain information for drawings.
• Responsible for controlling quality of their drawings and other key deliverables.
• Co-ordination with senior technicians to ensure consistent standards are provided.
• Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
• Comply with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance, and procedural standards.
Experience, qualifications and attributes
• Strong GCSE results applicable to the role, which will include Maths, English and Sciences.
• Strong A-level results applicable to the role, which would ideally include Maths and Science(s).
• AutoCAD and Revit knowledge desired, but not essential as training will be provided.
• Be keen to work on a variety of project types and learn new skills to meet the needs of our clients.
• Must have strong communication skills, being confident to liaise with colleagues as well as occasionally liaising with clients on the phone.
• Would be expected to be pro-active in self-directed CPD and keep up to date with appropriate standards and regulatory legislation.
Successful candidates may be considered for a part-time degree course funded by client.
• Would ideally hold a full clean driving licence or working towards it.
• Must be prepared to travel UK wide and stay away from home on occasions.
If you are interested in this role, you will need to send your cv to Edward (@)huntermasonconsulting .com