Our client is seeking an experienced Structural Test Engineer to join the team in Gloucester.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Systems Integration and Test Team. As a Structural Test Engineer you will be working on a variety of test programs in support of aircraft landing gear development and qualification.
As a Structural Test Engineer, you will be responsible delivering development and qualification tests, from the early planning phases, development and set up of test solutions, execution of tests, through to final reporting.
The testing will include static, fatigue, endurance and environmental tests for the development of new landing gear technology, qualification of new products and supporting in-service programmes.
The Structural Test Engineer will be required to:
• Review test procedure requirements
• Define detailed resource plans to achieve requirements
• Lead the execution of test activities
• Operate control and data acquisition systems
• Installation of test instrumentation
• Conduct fault finding to resolve test issues
• Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Compile technical documentation and test reports
• Participate in the on-going process improvement within the test facility
An experienced Engineer in your own field and with a good knowledge of other disciplines, you will have worked in a mechanical test environment.
You will need a minimum HNC, Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
• Experience within a qualification and development test environment
• Experience in structural strength, fatigue, endurance, environmental or Flight Test Instrumentation
• Experience in electrical and hydraulic systems, servo controls and PLC controllers.
• Experience in the application and use of test control systems, data acquisition systems and instrumentation
• Practical experience within a test environment
• Knowledge of strain gauging and application (Strain gauge theory would be advantageous)
• Calibration of transducers e.g., force, pressure, displacement
• Technical report writing
• Project management skills to meet customer requirements and deliver customer satisfaction on quality, cost and time
• Excellent computer literacy and IT skills e.g., Microsoft Applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Hybrid, Flexible working hours with an early finish on a Friday (4.5 day working week)
• 25 days holiday + UK Bank Holidays, plus the option to buy and sell annual leave
• Annual bonus
• Shares scheme
• Pension scheme (up to 8% match)
• Onsite parking, including EV chargers, subsidised restaurant, Costa, bicycle storage and shower, changing facilities
• Benefits Portal offers a number of schemes including: cycle to work, technology and retail savings, access to healthcare and wellbeing services, discounted gym memberships and more!
• Global and local career progression opportunities and training and development programmes
• STEM engagement with schools, colleges and universities and Charitable activities for all
• Social events throughout the year, and access to Dowty Sports and Social clubs
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion