About the role
Our London based client is a leader in engineering for energy operating in the offshore renewables sector. They deliver robust, innovative solutions to their clients and to strengthen the team further they are looking for Structural Engineers with a solid engineering background and proven, evidenced offshore wind project experience. These are permanent staff roles with negotiable salary figures - highly competitive to current market circumstances. An excellent benefits package is included with hybrid working available, and the company will also support people's ongoing professional development.
Ideal candidates will be from a consultancy or design house background and must be strong in the design of either monopile foundations or OSS topsides, have primary steel design, and be able to use finite element analysis. The structural Engineer will have been involved in the design of offshore substation platforms (OSP) or offshore monopole/WTG/Jacket Foundations.
As a Senior Engineer around 5-8 years' experience are required and candidates should be on route to chartered status or newly chartered. A full description is provided below - to apply please contact us with a copy of your latest CV and information on your current situation and availability to start a new role.
What are the qualifications will you need as a Structural Engineer?
· BEng or Masters Degree in a civil / structural / mechanical / marine engineering or related discipline. Chartered status would be preferable but not essential.
· 5-10 years' post-graduation experience in offshore structural engineering
As a structural Engineer, you will be required to -
· Carry out in-place structural analysis and design of offshore wind structures including wind turbine generator foundations, met masts and substation platforms.
· Undertake concept, and detailed designs.
· Carry out ultimate, serviceability, fatigue and accidental limit state design.
· Lead a project or work with a lead engineer to achieve delivery of projects within allotted budgets and timescales
· Carry out foundation design involving soil/structure interaction
· Undertake design for transportation and installation phases of offshore structures.
· Carry out analyses using SESAM or SACS software.
· Provide technical supervision to junior structural engineers as required.
· Produce technical reports, drawings, design briefs and specifications.
· Provide effective leadership for a small team and to be innovative and pro-active within a multidisciplinary team
· To be responsible for delivering work packages as assigned.
· Be responsible for ensuring that all design work is performed reviewed, checked and approved in accordance with company and/or project specific engineering procedures.
What are the Key Competences need from the Structural Engineer?
Recent senior level experience in the design of offshore structures (over 5-years' experience in OWF)
Strong experience and knowledge of offshore wind regulations, codes of practice and design standards.
· Current OWF foundation design practices and developments.
· Integrated load assessment (combined wind and wave analysis in the time domain)
· Time domain, spectral and deterministic methods of fatigue assessment.
· Soil structure interaction techniques such as pile/soil interaction, PISA soil analysis
· Assessing, reviewing and interpreting geotechnical input for offshore structural design (liaising with consultants for detailed design)
· Experience of SESAM or SACS software will be to the advantage although practical experience of comparable software will be considered.
· Experience of preparing engineering reports, specifications, briefs and drawings.
· Experience in generating weight reports.
· Any experience in Python programming advantageous
· The candidate should be able to be complete tasks within allotted timescales to the appropriate standard, minimally supervised (given home/remote working situation)
· Able and willing to express opinion and defend their professional judgement.
· Commercially aware
· Diligent and conscientious, with the ability to provide a level of detail appropriate to the project phase.
· Strong work ethic.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Team player
· Problem solver.
Competitive salaries are available with excellent staff benefit packages as well and frequent opportunities for career development and progression.
If you are interested in the Structural Engineer role, please get in touch or click the link to apply