We are working with a specialist contractor with a specific focus on water related infrastructure. They currently have an opportunity for a No.1 Site Agent, to deliver a £2.M upgrade to an existing
wastewater treatment plant. The project will be predominantly civil engineering biased, with small MEICA packages to deliver alongside these works.
This position reports directly Contracts Manager, who will visit site weekly. Therefore, it requires and autonomous Site Agent, able to oversee the day to day running of the site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Supervising and overseeing day to day construction operations, ensuring that the client's specification and requirements are met.
2. Liaising with the client, other construction professionals and members of the public as necessary
3. Co-ordinating and supervising all site operatives working on site, including contractors and sub-contractors
4. Planning on-site operations including site specific risk assessments, ordering materials and overseeing their delivery
5. Ensuring all staff working on site read and understand risk assessments and method statements and comply with them
6. Delivering daily briefings at the start of each working day to instruct site operatives and contractors of work that will be taking place on site that day
7. Monitoring progress of operations against the project plan and reporting to the Project Manager at an early stage any issues which may impact upon it
8. Carrying out site inductions and ensuring that all contractors and sub-contractors working on site are appropriately qualified for the work they are carrying out
9. Ensuring that work is carried out safely and without damage to the environment, in line with legislative requirements and the company's Integrated Management System
10. Carrying out and reporting the results of on-site safety inspections
11. Preparing monthly SHEQ returns and other reports as necessary
12. Maintaining strict quality control procedures to ensure the project is delivered to the highest standard
* Previous experience of managing large construction projects
* Previous experience of working in water industry
* CSCS Card
* CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
* EUSR Water Hygiene card
* Knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Commercial awareness
* Strong communication skills