Graduate/ Junior Quantity Surveyor| Civil Engineering| Bolton
About the company:
They are a specialist civil engineering and highways contractor serving local transport authorities throughout the North West. They have over 70 years' experience working on North West highway projects, and have won multiple awards. They provide a range of civil engineering services, utilising its highly skilled internal workforce and network of subcontractors, their expertise lies in challenging projects such as drainage schemes, intersection enhancements, and public infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Site measurements and preparations of weekly cost and production reports.
* Liaise with the site teams to assess and prepare quotations and estimates.
* Management of subcontractors including enquiries, order placement, payment assessments.
* The production of valuations and submission to clients.
* Interpret drawings and instructions and agree estimates with site teams and clients.
* Liaise with subcontractors to agree rates and services.
* Agree final accounts with all parties in a prompt manner.
* Undertake stock control monitoring and provide reports to the financial director.
* Liaise with the finance and admin team in the preparation and settlement of accounts.
* Assist the financial director and his team in preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting.
* Coordination with site teams and business centre managers
* Ensure clear, accurate and up to date records are always maintained.
* Always represent the company to clients and outside organisations in a professional manner.
* Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
* Awareness of NEC3 and JCT Contracts.
* Awareness of Standard Method of Measurement 7.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
* Good communication and negotiation skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Able to work to strict deadlines