The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), headquartered in Center City Philadelphia, is the sixth largest transportation system in the United States, with a vast network of fixed route services including bus, subway/elevated, trackless trolley, light rail, and commuter rail serving a 2,200 square mile service region. SEPTA has become an integral force in the economic success of the Philadelphia region, providing an efficient and reliable source of transportation.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Project Engineer (1014) - BIM/CAD Management in the B&B/Bridges & Buildings department. This position has a starting salary of $108,160.00 with an additional $5,000 automatic salary increase for having a PE/RA License.
This position is responsible for undertaking engineering/quality assurance assignments that are considered to be of "significant complexity" in size and scope. This position is further responsible to provide technical support and direction for engineering/quality assurance activities including the definition and coordination for design review and implementation, establishing inspection plans, program/project development and consulting, statistical methods, audits, and continuous improvement approaches to ensure activities are consistent with SEPTA mission values and goals.
This position is also responsible for drawing database (aka Plans Room), engineering software licensing support, and any services supporting design/drafting. The position is responsible for ongoing training of engineering/design/drafting staff in all engineering software used by staff. In this role, the individual will act as the design/drafting leader and provide quality control for this area.
- Consults with managerial level as necessary in project/program definition.
- Exercises proper judgment in application of advanced engineering and quality assurance principles.
- Assists in preparation of budgets for proposed projects/programs and work to be contracted to a third party.
- Demonstrates effective technical writing skills.
- Provides highly specialized technical expertise in support of project/program activities.
- Assists manager on request in furtherance of his/her duties.
- Complies with all Authority and departmental safety and security policies and procedures as well as all applicable job safety responsibilities.
- Reports any safety concerns, compromises or hazards affecting operations, the public, self and/or other employees.
- Responsible for personal safety and is encouraged to promote the safety of others
- Develop and Maintain BIM & CAD Standards Manual and all associated Support Files for in-house and 3rd party engineering projects.
- Develop and Maintain Custom Libraries (AutoCAD Blocks & Revit Families) for in-house and 3rd party use.
- Provide Seminars & Workshops to General User Base, and Upper Management as required, to promote usage of BIM systems.
- Provide users with Technical Support and Shadowing to elevate performance of design team in a measurable way.
- Lead BIM Coordination Meetings in Design & Construction both force account and 3rd party.
- Perform QA/QC Audit Reports of force account and 3rd Party projects related to BIM/CAD work product and compliance with design/drafting standards.
- Develop and Maintain an industry leading and robust File Management & Archiving system for the Authority.
- Develop and Maintain a comprehensive intellectual property storage system allowing all users to access information effectively and efficiently in coordination with other discipline CAD professionals (Track, C&S, Power, MOW, etc.).
- Participate in Industry Forums and other methods to allow Authority to have industry leading systems including a future Digital Delivery initiative should one be adopted.
- Monitors the overall effectiveness and quality control of drafting activities.
- Applies findings to the improvement of quality, productivity, safety and service reliability.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, programs and objectives with monitoring and stimulating the improvement of quality control of drafting activities. This effort includes providing input to the process of writing quality assurance manuals for drafting.
- Establishes and maintains effective liaison with engineers throughout SEPTA.
- Interfaces with all levels of SEPTA personnel and outside vendor/contractors to identify procedures, equipment, and processes which need revision and develop action plans for quality assurance improvements in these areas.
- Performs as auditor for quality control of drafting activities to assure compliance to SEPTA requirements.
- Participates in compiling and summarizing audit findings and recommendations for presentation to responsible manager.
- Participates in review of drawings and documents to the extent needed to enforce SEPTA standards in all assigned areas.
ADDITIONAL / DISCIPLINE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities shall include conceptual, preliminary, final design, and costing of projects as directed by senior level supervision/management.
- Implement design plans, specifications, and construction procedures in areas of responsibility.
- Participate in field investigations relative to adequacy of end product(s) being acceptable.
- Accumulate sufficient knowledge of current state-of-the-art processes, procedures and availability as they affect ones assignment.
- Possess the experience to detect appropriate contract/specification compliance in work assignments involving internal and/or 3rd party contractors.
- Generate, review, and implement compliance processes for regulated infrastructure.
- Ensure documentation accuracy in order to obtain all required certifications.
- Perform field equipment inspections, participate in problem resolution with maintenance staff, and generate and track service requests.
- Generates written memoranda, technical reports, audits, etc. and interfaces with government agencies when appropriate to support compliance requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering OR Architecture OR in a Related discipline, and seven (7) years of proven professional engineering or architecture employment experience is required (construction related industry experience is preferred).
- Or Associates Degree in a Design Related Field with (10) years of professional experience directly applicable to duties of position.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Autodesk Revit experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Product Data Management (PDM) software experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Autodesk AutoCAD experience required.
- Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Asset Management Systems (AMS). Proficiency with developing and working with BIM & CAD Standards Workflows.
- Superior oral and written communication skills is required.
- Demonstrated experience supporting BIM and CAD projects similar in size and complexity to those developed by SEPTA.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with Autodesk Civil 3D is preferred.
- Experience in all phases of Design and Construction is preferred.
- Proficiency in the latest Microsoft Office suite required.
- Medical Benefits – “Minimal annual premium contribution”
The following benefit plans have “No Employee annual premium contribution”:
- Prescription Benefits Program Dental Benefits Vision Benefits
Additional benefits we offer:
- Pension Plan / Retirement Savings
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Voluntary Governmental 457B Deferred Comp Plan
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- SEPTA Transportation Pass – FREE travel on all SEPTA modes of transportation
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, SEPTA is a qualified employer
Apply at: https://jobs.septa.org/job/Philadelphia-Senior-Project-Engineer-%281014%29-BIMCAD-Management-PA-19107/1082543500/
SEPTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.