The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on their experience and will have the opportunity to work on an exciting range of projects. The flexible and welcoming work environment offers a generous holiday allowance .
A Senior Structural Engineer is required to play a key part of our organisational success, ensuring commitments to our customers are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
The job holder will have a consistent track record of project delivery.
In the role you will be working closely with our Engineers and CAD designers to produce structural packages for projects delivered across the UK
Reporting to the Design Manager, duties will include, but are not limited to:
Detailed design and analysis of steel, masonry and reinforced concrete structures in accordance with prevailing Eurocodes, British and other relevant Standards and guidelines.
Designing below ground foundations taking account of geotechnical site conditions
Designing non-standard, complex structures and components
Designing structures supported entirely by existing masonry buildings
Developing design solutions which consider construction techniques, operation, maintenance and health and safety
Formulate design solutions, recommend materials, systems and methods, produce detailed design supported by structural analysis and calculations, summarised and presented within concise technical reports.
Producing design documents such as drawings, specifications, instructions etc with sufficient detail and clarity to facilitate construction and brief installation teams.
Resolving site installation issues and technical queries from installation and construction teams
Working primarily in a ‘desk based' role but occasional site visits to carryout surveys, structural assessments, provide technical support, structural and quality checks during and after installation.
What we're looking for
* Degree Civil / Structural Engineering
* Experienced user of Creo and/or Solidworks
* High competency structural design utilising relevant software (e.g. AutoCAD, CADS, Tekla)
* Previous roles within structural design consultants as well as building/engineering contractors, and/or experience of design & build projects
* Experience designing masonry structures and/or retrofitted additions/fixings into masonry buildings
* Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations with respect to managing health and safety
* Solutions focussed
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage your own time to meet required deadlines
What's in it for you?
* Salary to 55K dependant on experience.
* Flexible working hours
* 25 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Company Pension Scheme matched
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Life Insurance
* Participation in employee discount scheme across hundreds of retailers
* Social events
* Charity days
* We will support you in the journey to become Chartered Engineer
* On-site parking
* Share incentive scheme
* Sick pay