A career that will deliver change. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
Join our Civil Engineering Industrial Placement and you can make an immediate impact, powering the nation today, whilst helping to build a sustainable energy future for tomorrow.
"Electricity is such a vital component in everyone's lives. It powers schools, businesses and hospitals, so I knew that if I did my placement within EDF then I would have a really large impact on society, and that made my placement a lot more fulfilling." Priyanka, Science & Engineering Industrial Placement What is the Industrial Placement Programme?
We're recruiting for students to join us on our Civil Engineering Programme, working at one of our key sites:
- Our two Nuclear New Build Projects, Sizewell C or Hinkley Point C
- At an existing operating nuclear power station
- Nuclear Services, EDF's centre of technical and licensing excellence supporting the new, future and existing fleet of nuclear power stations
Taking on a real job at a junior level, you'll have the opportunity to learn through hands-on experience under the guidance of highly skilled and experienced colleagues. What salary and benefits are we offering you?
- Starting salary of £21,200
- 28 days' annual leave
- Flexible benefits package
- Wellbeing, physical and mental health support services
At EDF, everyone's welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We'd like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We're a disability confident employer and we'll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We'll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed. Training, development and support for you:
Over this 12-month programme, most of what you learn will be on the job, with support from your mentor and the teams you work in. You'll have the opportunity to apply your academic training to genuine problems that are faced in the energy industry and complete modules that contribute to your degree.
Previous students on a Civil Engineering Industrial Placement have been involved in projects such as:
- Supporting improvements to safety through communications campaigns, training and other improvement projects
- Looking at how radiation protection supports the building and operational life of new power stations; developing the skills necessary to support a wide range of teams in order to provide advice on radiation protection.
- Assisting in running, maintaining and developing the condition monitoring programme throughout a plant
Head to https://www.edfenergy.com/careers for more information about life at EDF. Where you'll work:
Towards the end of the recruitment process you'll be able to feedback your three location preferences from the below opportunities. We'll match successful applicants to placements taking location preference in to consideration, together with your degree discipline and business needs.
Locations available include:
What you'll need to join the team:
- Hinkley Point C (HPC) construction site or Satellite Delivery Centre, both in Bridgwater
- Gloucester Business Park
- Hartlepool power station, County Durham
- Heysham 1 & 2 power stations, Lancashire
- Sizewell B power station, Suffolk
- Torness power station, Scotland
- Aztec West office, Bristol
- Dungeness B power station, Kent
- Sizewell C
- On track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:2 undergraduate degree or 2:2 postgraduate qualification in Civil Engineering
- Technical and analytical skills
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
- To be appointed to this role, you will need to meet the criteria for Security Vetting which will, ordinarily, require you to have been a resident of the UK for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
Our selection process is designed to bring out the best in you! We use a strengths-based approach to let you shine and showcase your skills and what truly brings you joy. We believe that embracing our individual strengths lies at the heart of engagement and the motivation to succeed and excel at work. We're here to guide you and you'll find helpful tips and advice about the application process and assessment centre dates on our graduate web pages.
We will be closing this advert when we have our desired number of candidates. Join us. Together, we'll help Britain achieve net zero. #EDFIndustrialPlacements #SZCjobs