Our Client provides a wide range of expertise to projects including: highways design for roads, pavements, bridges, Section 278 Agreements and in earthworks engineering, cut and fill assessments, remediation, underground services, flood alleviation, sustainable drainage systems, pumping stations, sewerage and external works, large industrial and commercial schemes to smaller schemes working for interesting clients including car manufacturers, Formula 1 teams, contractors, private developers, local authority etc.
We have an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our team and undertake all aspects of the civil engineering design from pre-planning Masterplanning, conceptual design through to the production of As-Built drawings.
* Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager
* Assist the Team Manager in preparing client / project proposals.
* Oversees the delivery of projects.
* Produce flood risk assessments (FRA's) and drainage strategies.
* Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals.
* Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals.
* Producing highways, earthworks and drainage designs relating to medium to large development infrastructure projects
* Produce civil engineering drawings and layout and/or supervise/mentor more junior engineers & CAD Technicians
* Provides day-to-day client interface, conducting site visits for technical assessment or problem-solving.
* Starting to run small jobs autonomously.
* Flexible working to meet project deliverables, demonstrates efficient working under pressure.
* Procure project resources.
* Construct project teams from internal and external resources.
* Support senior civil engineering staff with design.
What we need from you:
* A degree in Civil Engineering
* Some experience in a similar role, ideally within a private practice
* Pre-Planning experience for Flood Risk and/or Masterplanning support [desirable]
* A good understanding of the Sectional Agreements required to obtain technical approval for highway and drainage schemes (e.g. Section 278, Section 104 etc.)
* An understanding of DMRB and MfS Vol 1 and 2
* A relevant engineering qualification (BEng or equivalent)
* Good understanding of Building Regulation Part H designs, and
* A competent user of Windes Infodrainage, AutoCAD Civils 3D
* Fully conversant in AutoCAD with Civil Engineering related experience