Our client is the largest multi-disciplinary engineering and planning consultancy in the UK providing specialist services for public and private sector clients. The company has 18 offices located throughout the UK, employing over 550 professional staff. Due to a strong increase in work in Plymouth and throughout the UK, they are seeking a Senior / Project Structural Engineer
Ideally, you will be chartered IStructE / ICE and will be responsible for the preparation, issue and management of technical project information, including calculations and drawing information, in accordance with the standard requirements of the Company. To be responsible for the technical, financial and managerial aspects of complete projects as directed by your line manager. To maintain high standards of information presentation and to ensure their accuracy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a great opportunity for a Chartered or near Chartered, Senior Structural Engineer to join a successful, well established Civil and Structural Design Consultancy based out of our new Plymouth Office.
You will join a busy and expanding team in working on a variety of structural engineering projects including retail, housing, leisure and commercial builds, within an up-and-coming friendly team.
We are offering a competitive starting salary including Pension and clear career progression.
In order to be considered for this Senior Structural Engineer role you will;
* Have gained a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* You will be Chartered or near Chartered with IStructE / ICE
* You will have a proven experience of structural design on a broad range of projects and materials- steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
* You will have good report writing skills.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* You will work well as part of a team.
* Experience and ability to deliver successful projects and developing good working relationship with clients and key stakeholders.
* Experience in the structural design of highway structures would be advantageous.
Commutable from Looe, St Austell, Exmouth, Bodmin, Yeovil, Bridport, Torquay.
#Structural #Southwest #Plymouth #sea #structuralengineering #Charterd
For more information or to apply, please send your CV ASAP