My client is looking to appoint a Structural Engineer into their Bristol Building Structures team to help deliver their ambitious plans to develop and grow the Building Design practice in south Wales and across the UK.
This building Design practice provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery they are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including: Education, Commercial, Residential, Defence, Energy and Transportation.
You will have the opportunity to work with major clients on stimulating and high-profile projects both in the UK and abroad. As well as the role providing technical and creative challenges you will have the satisfaction of working on projects which are changing the way people live and work today.
* Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
* Graduate Member of relevant body (IStructE or ICE).
* Working towards or achieved Chartered Membership (IStructE or ICE).
* Proven experience in the design of structures using the conventional engineering materials (steel concrete, timber, masonry) to Eurocodes.
* Experience in the use of structural analysis design software (Robot Structural Analysis and Revit experience is desirable but not essential).
* Use your technical skills and knowledge on a wide range of building structures, and apply to various circumstances.
* Develop conceptual solutions to problems through to detailed design.
* Contribute to the development of the multi-disciplined project team's approach.
* Assist in the execution of projects within defined design and cost parameters.
* Undertake research, data collection and presentation of information.
* Be aware of and work in compliance with BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the project BIM Execution plan.
* Experience with parametric modelling software and software coding (Dynamo, python, C++ etc.) is desirable and may be a development target.
* Assist/Mentor the development of apprentice and less experienced staff.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
They support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements, where there is no fixed 9 'till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
They offer a competitive salary that is regularly tested against other consultants with a default 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays and options to buy some or sell of that leave. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Evie Thornton at Calibre Search for more information, or click apply
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business