TBI Airport Management, Inc.
Hollywood Burbank Airport
Reports to: Senior Airport Planner
Pay: $70,304 - $75,000 annual
Schedule: Full Time. 9/80 Work Schedule.
Under direction, perform engineering work including, but not limited to, developing engineering and planning exhibits, maintaining an organized and accessible library of record documents, utilizing the record documents library for the development of various drawings, supporting planning activities, including FAA AIP grants and PFC administration processes, supporting design and construction activities such as review of plans and construction documents and coordination with other divisions and contractors, preparation of cost and quantity estimates, and maintaining a project cost history database.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain an organized library of as-built drawings describing the airport site and facilities. Utilize a combination of CAD, GIS, Aeroturn, or other technical software to prepare planning and engineering documents, drawings, and figures as needed. Coordinate with various internal/external Airport groups to provide various information and record drawings, as necessary. Support airport engineering staff to perform quantity and cost estimates. Support department staff with FAA Airport Improvement Program (AIP) and Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) processes as assigned. Maintain a project bid database and as-built cost history database. Support Airport Layout Plan (ALP) revision processes, as needed. Support the Engineering Department’s Pavement Management System. Perform data entry, digitization of data, creation of maps and basic analysis using ArcGIS Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ experience in transportation-related civil engineering or planning functions. An Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate is desired, but not required.. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, aviation, planning or a related field.
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations
- Proficiency with AutoCAD use and standards is required. Knowledge of ArcGIS or an ability and willingness to achieve a level of proficiency commensurate with job duties within 18 months of employment. Knowledge of Aeroturn, BIM, and/or Revit or an ability and willingness to learn.
- Apply excellent organizational, time management, and decision-making skills. Apply a high degree of organization to familiarize oneself with and maintain technical repositories of as-built airport data. Handle exposure to public, ranking officials, tenants, vendors and contractors while presenting a professional approach using tact, judgment and diplomacy to provide a high level of service and accurate information. Read and write English, read technical documents and design drawings. Orally communicate with various Airport stakeholders and participate in meetings. Work well with others in a team setting and effectively communicate with Senior Staff, outside agencies and Airport Authority members. Maintain integrity and discretion necessary to safeguard confidential data handled or obtained as regular part of the job. Operate motor vehicles, and ability to walk around construction sites, exposure to weather conditions, ability to work in a 24/7 operating environment including the potential for some work to occur outside of traditional hours; use of personal protective equipment and hand and arm dexterity to operate computers, printers and telephones.
Interested candidates may apply by clicking the link below and completing the online assessments: