Experienced Senior Civil Engineer (Harrogate)
Working on challenging projects, you will have to undertake several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways including geometry, drainage, and earthworks.
You will have an interest in developing your understanding and ability in civil engineering design and a willingness to research and take on new challenges. You will be able to work independently and use your engineering judgement to tackle day to day problems, delegate tasks and show a desire to develop junior members of the team.
You will have experience of the multi-disciplinary nature of complex projects from planning stage, through to completion. You will show a desire to develop your project coordination skills and a willingness to understand more about other disciplines roles on projects.
You will have experience of the requirements of working with different types of client in a complex industry - our clients include developers, contractors and private individuals, all of whom have different expectations and requirements from you and the projects you will work on.
* Competitive salary of £50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience.
* Benefits negotiable.
You will be expected to have the following personal attributes and skills:
* Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, covering several aspects of preliminary and detailed design of highways, levels, drainage and external works.
* Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D (although extensive experience in the use of PDS would be considered as long as there is a willingness to train on Civil 3D) and MicroDrainage.
* The use of the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including Excel.
* Experience liaising with both internal and external bodies, including planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
* Experience liaising with other consultants such as architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients.
* Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
* A ‘self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
* Good commercial awareness with developing influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
* Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters