We are looking for an individual to join our team on a major UK construction project as a site-based Project Manager starting in Portsmouth, Hampshire reporting directly to the Contracts/Director.
Key responsibilities include:
* Management of the Works Managers, Site Agents, Quality Manager and Site Engineers on the project.
* Safety consciousness and compliance with the company's H&S program & procedures.
* Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
* Liaise with and maintain good cohesive working relations with stakeholders, consultants & contractors.
* Actively resolve contractual issues with both clients and suppliers while also maintaining a good relationship.
* Planning, measuring, monitoring and reviewing the progress of the contract throughout the project lifespan and ensuring compliance with project budgets and programmes.
* Managing and ensuring the project delivery team to ensure there are adequate plant, labour and subcontract resources available in a timely manner to comply with project timescales.
* Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
* Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for inclusion in the project's financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
* Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
* Implementing solutions to resolve operational issues arising on a project.
* Ensuring the timely submission of interim and final accounts and releases of retentions and performance bonds with associated completion certificates.
* Degree or HND in Civil Engineering
* Demonstrable experience of working as a Project Manager within the civil engineering construction industry preferably on large earthworks projects.
* Experience in Design & Build Contracts
* Understanding and experience in NEC4 Contracts
* Strong computer literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Project, Primavera
* Good commercial awareness with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
* Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Highly developed professional communication and negotiation skills, including writing and presentation of reports, preparing business management documents, and presenting information in meetings with clients and other parties.
* The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in both mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Demonstrable ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines supported by strong organisational skills.
* Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
* A full UK Driving Licence is also required