We have an exciting opportunity for either a Graduate Structural Engineer with 1 - 3 years post graduate experience or an experienced structural engineer with at least 5 years of experience. You should be an enthusiastic self-motivated disposition with excellent project and team development skills who is looking for a new challenge! Joining the existing team, you will be integral to the growth and development as they continue to expand. You will be able to put your existing experience to effective use but also be able to gain new skills and even be supported to gain chartership! Based in Lampeter the business operates throughout Wales. They currently work in the residential and commercial sectors on a wide spectrum of projects that range in size from small domestic alterations up to million pound developments.
What's on offer:
* Salary £25,000 - £45,000 depending on experience.
* 25 days holiday.
* Hybrid Working.
* Company Pension.
* Support to become chartered.
* Personalised professional development plan from day 1.
* Flexible working.
About the role:
Our client is looking for an engineer capable of completing technical designs and calculations of elements and frames in steel, timber, and masonry. You must be confident liaising directly with clients, architects and other members of the design team to meet project deadlines.
* Structural design work including calculations and drawings.
* You are expected to be familiar with British Standards, Codes of Practice and Euro Codes and keep up to date with revisions.
* Able to use AutoCAD is essential along with other relevant software, in particular Tekla.
* To visit site when required to gather information for design, such as loadings and the condition of the structure.
* A desire to learn and develop and undertake continuing professional development.
* You will have experience designing and completing technical calculations for steel, timber, and masonry structures within the residential and commercial sectors.
What are we looking for?
* Must have an Engineering degree Meng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering.
* Must have a minimum of 1 years post graduate experience within structural engineering.
* Achieved or prepared to work towards chartership with the IStrctE or ICE.
* Analysis and technical design ability are desired.
* Site experience for structural engineering design projects is beneficial and confidence being client facing is essential.
* Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, procedures, and structural principles.
* Must have a full UK driving license