Principal Structural Engineer
This position in onsite
The ideal candidate will have significant project experience in the consulting engineering environment working with industrial clients. The Principal Structural Engineer requires a high level of technical design competence and experience with project management skills. Successful performance in this role requires supervisory, communications, and administrative experience and ability. The position reports directly to the Director of the CSA Department.
The Principal Structural Engineer is responsible for leading the design process of structural systems for buildings and equipment support for both greenfield and plant upgrade projects. As part of a multi-discipline design team within Perigon, the candidate will collaborate closely with other discipline leaders to produce highly integrated project designs. Responsibilities include preparing detailed structural engineering drawings and calculations, as well as serving as Project Coordinator, with full responsibility of meeting manpower and budget goals.
- Function as a Lead Engineer, supervising other engineers, designers, and drafters, and carry responsibility for meeting manpower, budget and schedule goals within his/her discipline.
- Direct or coordinate activities of vendors and consultants.
- Interface with other disciplines as needed for the successful completion of his/her work.
- Interface with Clients and contractors.
- Support business development initiatives by meeting with Clients and assisting with RFP process by preparing written project scopes and budgets.
- Develop structural designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare properly formatted design calculations, technical specifications, and engineering studies.
- Provide complete technical support and consultation to our clients.
- Conduct on-site inspections and prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Function as a checker of calculations, drawings, or other technical documents in accordance with written instructions.
- Use and reference pertinent Building and Design Codes.
- BS Civil/Structural Engineering
- PE License with established NCEES record
- SE License a plus
- 10-20 years as structural engineer with projects in the manufacturing and industrial markets and experience in structural steel and reinforced concrete design.
- Proficiency with STAAD 3-D structural analysis and design software
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel and Word